[linux-audio-user] Jamin compressor vs LADSPA SC

Iain Duncan iainduncan at telus.net
Sun Mar 27 04:05:14 EST 2005

>>Or alternatively, is there any way to control the Jamin parameters
>>externally, either via midi cc's or an api?
>>

>     You can use OSC to change scenes (20 available).  This has been done
> from Ardour (ask Ron Parker how ;).

I should clarify, I mean actually slave each knob up to a cc so that
they can be tweaked with hardware live in a gig situation in order to
tune a mix to a room. So just changing snapshots would not be enough.
I've been looking online, but I haven't found anything that lets me do
this while also having visual feedback of in/out/gain reduction. Surely
there must be something?

If not, is there an API for Jamin? Perhaps I could just write a portmidi
app that uses the api to control the parameters in real time.

Thanks
Iain