[linux-audio-user] USB-audio-card notches

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Sun Mar 27 07:22:01 EST 2005

Hi Arnold,

> In which way are the plughw:* different than the hw:*?

AFAIK plughw adds an extra layer between the application and
the card. Plughw can do resampling and so on.

> Which one should be used for jack?

I guess that hw: is better for realtime issues.

> I am always using the hw:* and I don't get such errors. At
> least not since upgrading to 2.6.11-gentoo...

The 2.6.11 did cause some problems with Dell notebooks, and
guess what I'm using, so I wanted to wait for 2.6.12 ;-) .

But perhaps it's a good idea to check a 2.6.11 if the problems
are gone or not.

 Thanks & best regards

    ce