[linux-audio-user] Delta 44 Low Output Levels

Mailling Lists ben-lists at whatsmykarma.com
Sat Mar 26 21:06:59 EST 2005

Hello, I am using Ardour and Jack on my Gentoo box with an M Audio Delta
44.  For playing music with just Rhythmbox or XMMS, the sound quality is
excellent, and the output level is nice and high.  However, when I try
to play back something I record in Ardour, I get very low output, even
despite a decent reading on the program's VU meters as I play back.  I
am using alsamixer, and when I turn up the hardware outs I have the
output from Ardour routed to, I can here that the sound is distorted,
though low.  Anyone else with one of these cards have a similar
situation?

I don't know if this will help, but I am planning on switching to
envy24control.  Does anyone know if there is a Gentoo ebuild for this
around?

Thanks for any info.

Ben