[linux-audio-user] Jamin compressor vs LADSPA SC

Iain Duncan iainduncan at telus.net
Sun Mar 27 19:05:34 EST 2005

> The design should make it pretty easy to add OSC control of all the
> paramaters, but its not done yet. I think its on the TODO list. I,
> personally, am not wildly enthusaistic about adding native MIDI control to
> jamin, but a MIDI->OSC bridge that controls it is OK.

That sounds good.

> The compressors are just SC4's, so if that all you need you could use
> something like AMS + meterbridge (or jack-rack if you dont need the
> crossover) and use MIDI to control that. AMS makes it easy to bind MIDI
> CC's to LADSPA controls.

I am curious as to how to get visual indication of how much gain
reduction is going on though. Would AMS + meterbridge suppy that? That
does show up in Jamin right? I find it a lot easier to tune a
compressors settings if I can see when it's working and by how much. The
metering on the waves plugins are very well designed that way. Does the
SC4 ladpsa interface allow one access to that data?

Thanks for all the help everyone.
Iain