[linux-audio-user] Anyone using a 64 bit distribution?

aljordan at maine.rr.com aljordan at maine.rr.com
Mon Mar 28 10:29:17 EST 2005

Hello,

I upgraded my chip and motherboard to an AMD 64 based system.  I've installed Fedora Core 3 x86_64 but it seems that I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get audio apps to compile that I didn't have to go through on the FC3 32 bit distribution.  I've decided to give up and try another release after the troubles I am facing compiling Rosegarden.

Is anyone using a 64 bit distribution that they are happy with?  If not, is there a particularly good standard distribution that people are using for DAW apps?  I will be using mostly sequencing, softsynths,  and mixdown apps such as Rosegarden, Swami, and QSynth.

I need to stay with the 2.6 kernel for hardware support.

Thanks for any recommendations,
Alan