[linux-audio-user] HDSP & amixer: What's Changed?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Mar 28 11:47:46 EST 2005

Hi, Thomas:

In a different post from the one below, you recently suggested I should
now be able to use amixer to set levels on the hdsp mf using the most
recent, alsa 1.0.9RC1 driver. At least, that's how I understood your
message.

I'm still unable to do that, including with the script you provide
below. The script runs without errors, but the values don't change no
matter what value I put where you have 32768.

>From amixer querry I get:

#amixer cget numid=5
numid=5,iface=HWDEP,name='Mixer'
  ; type=INTEGER,access=rw---,values=3,min=0,max=65536,step=1
  : values=0,0,0

Of course, having executed hdspmixer, I do have sound. I'm just unable
to do my own settings yet.

I thought it important to report this.

--

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.494.7040