[linux-audio-user] Ardour created stuff

Noah Roberts roberts.noah at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 13:09:05 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:29:11 -0500, Allan Wind
<allan_wind at lifeintegrity.com> wrote:
> On 2005-03-20T09:06:45-0800, Noah Roberts wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:11:09 +1000, Mark Constable <markc at renta.net> wrote:
> > > Any chance of picking these up from anywhere else ?
> >
> > Why?  Unless you want to provide the hard drive space and the
> > bandwidth I don't think so.
>
> Not sure if Mark got back to you privately, but soundclick requires
> registration for download.  I will pass on that too, but will be
> listening to your other tracks shortly.   Thanks for sharing.

No, he didn't.  Well, two things.  First, you can still listen if you
want.  Second, imho that is pretty lame...like I said, unless you are
willing to provide the bandwidth and harddrive space for the same
price...

Sound click is neither intrusive nor malevolent.  They provide a
pretty decent service to the community for free.  The only thing they
want is a login name.  This is probably to save on bandwidth, those
unwilling to participate in the community don't get any.  Many other
sites do the same thing; if they allowed downloads without an account
it would tripple the requirements of their systems...why the expense
for a bunch of dorks that don't want to be a part of what is going on?

I only got one spam through soundclick and they took care of it
instantly.  It wasn't their fault and they behaved appropriately when
it happened.  You can ask nothing more from a service like them.  They
obviously do not sell their account information to third parties.

I'm sorry, but when a company offers something free like soundclick
does it is pretty lame to complain about them wanting login accounts
to use it.  Everyone else charges their artists or provide limited
space.  Soundclick does neither.  IMHO they deserve some kudo's for
that, not a bunch of complaining because they want login
accounts...that is just stupid and selfish.

No, I am proud to be an artist on soundclick's website.  If you don't
like it you don't get to download my music.  I am not going to let
that bother me too much.