[linux-audio-user] repost: curious about jamin feedback

e. j. branagan - the MUSE laug at themusenashville.com
Tue Mar 29 01:33:54 EST 2005

Aaron Trumm wrote:

>*laugh* i wasn't asking YOU Jan! ;)
>
>actually I was :)  just wondering what kind of feedback you'd gotten and
>stuff.
>

>>I'm obviously biased (and I'm using the latest CVS version) but I really
>>like JAMin.  Right now I am in the process of mastering a CD for a
>>friend of mine.  He's got a Roland VS2000 and I can unequivocally say
>>that JAMin stomps all over the Roland mastering software in that thing.
>>There is just no comparison - which is why I'm using JAMin ;-)  The only
>>thing I'd like to add to JAMin right now is a variable (0-3ms low, 0-2ms
>>mid) delay on the low and mid bands.  Hear that Steve - nudge, nudge,
>>wink, wink, hint, hint...

How about separate outputs on the low, mid and high bands so I can run
the output to my tri-amped stereo PA system?  i.e. make jamin a
real-time EQ/COMP/Xover/Limiter for live PA work?  I already run two
effects loops through jack-rack, and record on one PC and have 3 more
PC's coming real soon.  A single-channel version of jamin to EQ/compress
vocal and bass channels and such would be nice too.  I guess what I'ld
really like is a cross between jamin and the dbx DDP, with a built-in
(optional) 2, 3, or 4 band xover.

--
e. j. branagan
the MUSE § Nashville, TN