[linux-audio-user] weird failure connected to lsm?

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 05:53:45 EST 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 06:44:49PM -0700, thewade wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a weird problem. I have been running 2.6.10 with the lsm patch
> for a while now with no trouble but lately I have been getting crashes
> that freeze the machine so much that I have to leave the machine off
> for a couple of minutes before turning it back on or it is still
> frozen. All the crashes have happened while running firefox,
> thunderbird, and xmms. My lsm is started by running modprobe realtime
> gid=my_gid.
>
> I have searched var/logs/messages but nothing sticks out. At one point
> my /var partition was full becasue of mail not sent to root in
> spool/clientmqueue becasue I dont run sendmail on this machine but I
> fixed that and ran fsck on it at boot once. What should I check?
> Helpppp!

That sounds supicoiusly like a hardware problem to me, have you run
memcheck86 thats available ion the boot disk of the recetn FC releases?
It will scan the ram for problems.

I've had this sort of thing happen when there were some duff cells in one
of the higher RAM banks, all seems OK until you run a program the needs a
lot of memory.

- Steve