[Jamin] Re: [linux-audio-user] repost: curious about jamin feedback

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Tue Mar 29 09:28:26 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 00:22, e. j. branagan - the MUSE wrote:
> Jan Depner wrote:

> >>yeah, like five bands - I bet everyone wants five bands, DON'T they?  *waves
> >>a watch in front of your face*....five...bands....
> >>

> >    Actually I'm planning on going to 4 parametric controls in addition
> >to the 2 shelving controls.
> >
> >Jan
> >

> Why limit things like this?  Why not optional shelving controls, and as
> many parametric bands as we want?  And as many compression bands as we want?

    Look at the code.  This is not trivial, especially considering that
all of the parametric data must be saved and allow undo.  Also, look at
the screen real estate.  We've been trying to avoid bloatware.  If you
look at the competing commercial offerings I don't believe any of them
have 6 parametric controls.  I also don't recall any with more than
three bands of compression.

Jan