[Jamin] Re: [linux-audio-user] repost: curious about jamin feedback

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Tue Mar 29 11:16:06 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 09:11, R Parker wrote:

> And what problem does six parametric bands solve
> during mastering? Same qustion for more compression
> bands. If your audio is so screwed up to require that
> type of toolset then shit can it and start over.
> Seriously, you don't have a mastering problem you have
> recording and mixing problems.

    Wait now, you're the one that thought it would be a good idea to add
meterbridge to JAMin.  You just posted that yesterday.  Actually, when I
use JAMin I often find myself needing just one more parametric EQ.
Granted, I can draw any curve I want and get the same effect but I can't
slide it to exactly the right place.  There are still a couple of
features that would be nice in JAMin.  Direct out to .wav files has been
mentioned a number of times.  In fact I think you're one of the
proponents of that.  Steve wants to add warning lights for DC offset.
I'd like to have small delays available for low and mid band.  It's
still a mastering tool and we haven't added anything that is not useful
for mastering.

Jan