[linux-audio-user] meters with resettable infinite peak hold

Spencer Russell Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu
Tue Mar 29 01:00:42 EST 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 12:46:00PM -0500, Peter Lutek wrote:
> >the numerical peak indicators
> >do actually change to red when >= 0db.
>
> not quite..... on input strips, while recording (when the signal never
> goes over because it's limited by your A-D), the numerical peak display
> only goes to "-0.0" and never turns red. at least that's what i'm seeing
> here (0.9beta28).
>
> and, yes, i did change requirements mid-stream, by adding "reset ALL".
> good catch!  :)
>
> -p

I'd just like to echo that being able to reset all the peak
displays simultaneously would be a great feature, especially for
live recording. I use it all the time on the HD and DAT
recorders I use to record classical recitals here at school
(usually the applause in between pieces clips like nothing else,
if I have my levels set right).

-spencer