[linux-audio-user] Looking for a light midi sequncer

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Tue Mar 29 13:55:25 EST 2005

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 02:40, Sean Bolton wrote:
> I'm in a similar place -- Muse and Rosegarden are too heavy even
> for my middle-aged machine, Seq24 and ttrk are great but are too
> loop-based for my needs, most of the other projects I've found have
> been abandoned.

Oh for just a lean mean GUI "list editor" that focused
on being fast and ACCURATE (no swapped notes etc) and
is programmable with <insert favorite scripting language>.

> What I'd really love to have is something like the "open mode" on
> Dr. T's KCS.  I did more creative sequencing with KCS on my
> Apple ][+ than I've yet done on linux. :-/

I'm only joking but about a year ago I had a set of macros
and scripts that I used with Kate (KDE editor) to search
and replace and automatically preview tracks and whole
songs using http://midicomp.opensrc.org. It was fun.

--markc