[linux-audio-user] OT Spam

Noah Roberts roberts.noah at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 11:24:36 EST 2005

> Here is another one successfully using bogofilter.
> On my addresses @arnoldarts.de I get about 100-200 spam mails each day, where
> bogofilter is unsure only about 2-6 a day.
>
> Why do I get so much spam? Because I write in mailinglists (like this one)
> which have public archives and because I have a homepage...

There was a study done not long ago about spam and if you use html
entities instead of actual characters for your email address the spam
crawlers don't seem to be sophisticated enough to pick it up.  They
probably never will because there are enough elsewhere so why pay a
real programmer to do it right?

But the browser translates into a real email address if the user
presses on it ;)

Its just one way to reduce spam.  I do think list managers should
protect thier users.  This one doesn't?