[linux-audio-user] OT Spam

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Wed Mar 30 15:50:07 EST 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 03:17:06PM -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> > >We don't talk about "the" list archive.
> > As maintainer of the "official" archive, we do hide email addresses in the
> > archives - please see latest archives for examples at:
> > http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2005/03/
> > This has been in place already for at least 3-5 years -- I cannot remember
> > the exact date when we started email address hiding.
>
> It was around February or March of 2000. I wasn't on the list then, but
> I've just about finished reading the March 2000 archives. The archive
> was set up in Feb/Mar 2000.

Um ... sorry I was referring to the LAD list, not LAU. LAU hadn't been
started yet in 2000. But, presumably when the LAU list was started up
its archives got the same treatment the LAD list has had since 2000.
--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Systems Administrator
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia