[linux-audio-user] Re: *UPDATE* MIDI exported from Cakewalk sounds horrible!

ross at jose.lug.udel.edu ross at jose.lug.udel.edu
Tue May 3 13:04:58 EDT 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 12:18:41PM -0400, ross at jose.lug.udel.edu wrote:
> I used to use Cakewalk on a small Windows partition for composing
> work.  Now, I'm trying to take the midi files I'd exported from
> Cakewalk and play them using rosegarden/fluidsynth/pmidi.
>
> My songs sounds like a cacophony.  Things are so wrong - it sounds
> truely horrible.

Interesting update - this must be a bug in fluidsynth somewhere.

I just bought a new GM digital piano and it's banks interpret the MIDI
data fine - the songs sound correct.  It seems like my guess about
SysEx (or some other kind of) data being interpreted as note events.

Do any of you guys that said you had seen the same problem have some
MIDI hardware to test on?  I'd be curious to see if you hit the same
thing.  Would be worth a bug report on fluidsynth.

Thanks, let me know!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu