[linux-audio-user] Re: *UPDATE* MIDI exported from Cakewalk sounds horrible!

aljordan at maine.rr.com aljordan at maine.rr.com
Wed May 4 10:20:53 EDT 2005

FYI -- I have a couple of songs originally written in Cakewalk Pro-Audio
9 that I have imported into Rosegarden to output the tracks through
Fluid-synth and various soundfonts.  Some of the tracks sound fine, such
as the piano and bass tracks.  However, the lead guitar track, going
through Fluid Synth and a Sonic Implants soundfont, sounds horribly out
of tune whenever more than a single note is played at one time.  I got
around the problem by sending the guitar track to ZynAddSubFX instead of
Fluidsynth.  This leads to to believe that it is fluid-synth specific,
but I haven't done any more digging into the problem to look at specific
events that might be causing the problem.

Alan