[linux-audio-user] Weird JACK behaviour w/ Qjackctl

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu May 5 05:05:41 EDT 2005

Hi,

Christoph Eckert wrote:
> Hehe,
>
>> And now,... could you just send me the diffs at least?
>
> of course :) .
>
> Included you'll find both files.

Thanks.

Emiliano Grilli wrote:

> I struggled with that for many days before identifying where the problem
> was... I'm glad to being helpful :)
>
> And.. my apologies to Rui for suggesting to remove the file O:-)

Now I can get to my suspicious point:

Would you check whether the "Auto refresh connections Patchbay, every
(secs)" checkbox on Setup/Options is kind of responsible for the "notches"
? Please, try switching this back on (e.g. every 3 seconds) and pray for
any audible evidence :)

This "Auto refresh..." setup option is now well considered deprecated, if
not harmful :) and should be off all the time nowadays. It is just some
legacy option, among a few others, that persist from the early days--a
time when my laptop was almost an unreliable piece of junk for realtime
low-latency audio work. A couple of years later, and most thankful to
Ingo's 2.6 kernels realtime-preemption, its just became a top-notch
machine :)

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela