[linux-audio-user] Weird JACK behaviour w/ Qjackctl

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Thu May 5 06:30:11 EDT 2005

Hi Rui,

> Would you check whether the "Auto refresh connections
> Patchbay, every (secs)" checkbox on Setup/Options is kind
> of responsible for the "notches" ? Please, try switching
> this back on (e.g. every 3 seconds) and pray for any
> audible evidence :)

I also can confirm that it seems to cause the notches. Setting
this option to lower values (like 1) increases the amount of
notches. Switching it off makes my audio behave as desired.

Thanks!

> This "Auto refresh..." setup option is now well considered
> deprecated, if not harmful :) and should be off all the
> time nowadays. It is just some legacy option, among a few
> others, that persist from the early days--a time when my
> laptop was almost an unreliable piece of junk for realtime
> low-latency audio work.

Hehe, I guess you will remove this functionality in one of the
next versions :) .

THanks a lot Emiliano and Rui (in alphabetical order ;-) .

 Best regards

    ce