[linux-audio-user] Jack and tmpfs...

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Fri May 6 16:07:20 EDT 2005

Russell Hanaghan wrote on Fri, 06-May-2005:

 > Can anyone tell me if it is still usefull to set up tmpfs on "/tmp" for
 > jack? Or am I still living in the dark ages?

I think a lot of people and distributions are now building jack
with the --with-default-tmpdir=/dev/shm  option because almost
all modern systems have that mounted on a tmpfs already.  I believe
it is still important for reliable jack performance.  What
the impact of not doing it is on recent kernels, I don't know.

jlc