[linux-audio-user] 44100 -> 48000

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Sat May 7 11:27:36 EDT 2005

 Rivendell radio automation software, alsa and jack, darkice with
 jack support, peercast. All on one machine. Wav files in rivendell
 are in 44100 format. Rivendell plays songs and outputs to jack,
 jack is connected to audio outs (can be disconnected if this will
 help) and to darkice. Darkice encodes as ogg and sends to peercast.
 Bam! Streaming radio station in a box. Problem, my sound card is an
 nForce2 which it seems only operates at 48000 and the combination
 I am trying does not seem to be happy with this. Converting sample
 rates by alsa on input would seem to be one solution to my problem.

Would anyone have an actual example of the best way to deal with
this particular situation ?

--markc