[linux-audio-user] kernel upgrade issues

Noah Roberts roberts.noah at gmail.com
Sun May 8 00:50:04 EDT 2005

On 5/7/05, Dave Robillard <drobilla at connect.carleton.ca> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-07-05 at 20:33 -0700, Noah Roberts wrote:
> > > root at bart nroberts # mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/cdrom/
> > > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1,
> > >        or too many mounted file systems
> >
> > Pft....dmesg might have helped....
> >
> > Unable to load NLS charset cp437
> > FAT: codepage cp437 not found
> >

> > So that problem is fixed.  Onward and foward to the cut-out issues...
>
> For future reference, -t msdos would have worked (but no long
> filenames).

Oh yeah, thats right.  I was trying -t fat.  I haven't done msdos fat
in years...kind of forgot the right magic words.

On the rest.  I patched pam for the nice-rt thing and got it to
install.  Ran jackd and got mad because it wasn't working and then
tried with the --realtime switch and everything is honky dory.  Just
played an mp3 through jack while compiling the kernel and didn't get a
single skip.