[linux-audio-user] 2.6 which patches

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Sun May 8 06:12:10 EDT 2005

Noah Roberts noted:

> > http://www.steamballoon.com/wiki/Rlimits
>
> This seems to have been merged into the kernel.  I tried to apply the
> patch and of course it wouldn't so I checked and all the new stuff is
> already there.  I guess I just have to deal with PAM now.

I was going through the kernel changelog when I heard about this and it seems that may be the case.  I'm getting used to using Fernando's patched kernels,  which are working out pretty well;  but it would be very nice to see this in the main kernel.

I'm not excited about having another subsystem(pam) to tweak, but this seems to be something that can easily be set up during installation depending upon the type of system the user wants.

Anyway, this might not be everything we wanted or need; but our needs did seem to get acknowledged.