[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Linux Musicians Wiki

James Stone jmstone at dsl.pipex.com
Mon May 9 12:25:59 EDT 2005

I don't know if everyone is getting bored of Wikis, but I have just set up
another one(!) This time to provide a central site for Linux Musicians to
provide links to their music, and to give information about how it was
produced. I think this would be really interesting (at least I would find
it very interesting so I am sure that others would too), and judging by
the excellent music that has been posted to this list, there should not be
a shortage of content (I hope).

So far, I have just put some of my music up there.. I am afraid it really
isn't that brilliant (I am working on some new stuff at the moment).. but
I thought I had better show willing!

The way it works, is you have to host the music on another site and
provide a link to it. Open source audio collection is a good option if
your music falls into that category, and you cannot host it anywhere else:

http://www.archive.org/audio/collection.php?collection=opensource_audio

Anyway, the Wiki is up at

http://linux.wikicities.com/wiki/Linux_Musicians

I hope people will find it useful.