[linux-audio-user] Re: [ANN] Linux Musicians Wiki

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Wed May 11 05:01:04 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-05 at 01:10 +0200, Esben Stien wrote:
> jmstone at dsl.pipex.com writes:
>
> > I am not really sure where "Linux Musicians" would fit into the
> > front page there.
>
> I'd vote for GNU Musicians; it's shorter and it's more correct, in my
> opinion. Something like Free Software Musicians would also be nice.

I think both "GNU" and "Linux" are stupid to use in this case (despite
the IMO unfortunate name of this list)

Free Software Musicians, or Open Source Musicians, whichever.  That's
the point, not which kernel you happen to be running this week.

Someone who runs jack, seq24, specimen, sooperlooper (etc. etc.) on
FreeBSD "belongs" a lot more than someone who (theoretically) ported
Cubase and just runs that under Linux.

-DR-