[linux-audio-user] Please test the RT rlimits patch for audio

Norval Watson norv at longforest.com
Wed May 11 05:37:35 EDT 2005

Has the RT-rlimits patch been merged into the 2.6.12-rc4 kernel?

FWIW, I compiled and installed this kernel on debian-pure64 box.
Made edits in /etc/security/limits.conf giving audio a rt_priority of
80. Just running pam from debian-pure64.
I can start JACK in realtime mode -R  as root but as normal user I
cannot start JACK using -R flag. If I start JACK as root other apps
complain.

Debian Q: What line do I put in /etc/apt/sources.list so I can apt-get
the source for the patched pam from
http://steamballoon.com/pam/debian-testing/ as described by Lee below?

 > Since you're running pure64, my packages (which are i386) won't work
for
> > > you.  The easiest thing for you is probably to get the sources from
> > > http://steamballoon.com/pam/debian-testing/ and rebuild the debs for your
> > > system.
>
> You have to get the source like this:
>
> apt-get source package-name
>
> Then cd to the directory that is created, and run
>
> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
>
> Please see http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-build.en.html.
>
> Lee

I have tried various things but apt-get update complains about not
finding Sources.gz in the tree.
Cheers,
Norv