[linux-audio-user] What could this be?

Noah Roberts roberts.noah at gmail.com
Sun May 15 23:48:44 EDT 2005

Every once in a while static will develop in the output of jack to
alsa to speaker.  It seems to happen in particular to this one song
that may have a little clipping in it due to bass output being up a
bit.  I have been rewinding and listening to a particular section over
and over because it is really cool and I did it.  Using xmms output to
jack.  But static builds up and gets worst each time through and I
have to stop jackd and restart it to make it go away.

It's really weird and it doesn't always happen.  Has anyone got any
idea what this could be about?