[linux-audio-user] Even more music

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Tue May 17 15:42:50 EDT 2005

On Mon, 16 May, 2005 at 08:00PM -0400, Pete Bessman spake thus:
> On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 14:42 +0100, james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
> > A track I put together over the weekend.  The levels aren't quite
> > right and it sounds a little muddy, but I got fed up with it and
> > decided to leave it as it is.
> >
> > http://blog.dis-dot-dat.net/2005/05/more-music.html
> >

> Very very nice.  I especially like the beats.  How'd you make them, and
> any chance of sharing the... uh... sources?  My drum programming skills
> are teh sukc, and chicks only like guys with good skills.

No problem.  I'm a tracker junkie, so you might not like the format,
but mail me back if you're interested.  You can have the whole file
and play with it - see what you come up with from the same sounds.

In fact, that would make a great exercise.  How about we all work from
a common set of sounds and produce a track, and see how they compare?
We could host them all in one place as a kind of project.  It would be
great to see what other people did and how they did it.

Who's up for that?

I think I'll get a better description written and post it under it's
own thread, in case lots of people just bin this as a continuation of
a thread they didn't find interesting in the first place.

> Peace out,
>
> -Pete

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)