[linux-audio-user] Even more music

nigel henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Tue May 17 18:55:14 EDT 2005

Hi James. Thanks for putting up the .oggs. The machine I collect email on is
FC1. I've got MPlayer on that ,but when i'm listening to Internet radio I
can't use anything else. The other machine has 5 hard drive caddies. The only
only one that plays MP3's is Debian 3.0r2 upgraded to testing (sarge) with a
player called GQmpeg, and that works ok. Just a bit of a nuisance having to
shuffle the caddies to find the right one to play the MP3's. .oggs are
easier, anything on Linux plays them. I'm trying to get going with a tracker
(soundtracker). I've been using Making Waves, a step sequencer on Windows,
and have loads of royalty free .wav samples to use with it. The only problem
with the tracker is getting instant previews of the .wav sounds. You have to
load em first and then listen. Doh. If you know of a way to preview .wavs
without having to open a player for each one or load them into the tracker,
I'm all ears. Nigel.