[linux-audio-user] JACK Rack and MIDI key/CC binding

Rob Fell robin.fell at ntlworld.com
Fri May 20 17:47:25 EDT 2005

Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> Rob Fell wrote:

<snip>

>> I couldn't find any documentation which describes binding MIDI
>> keys/CC's with plugin parameters/bypass in JACK Rack.

> Unless it is recently implemented (last 6 mths) I was not aware
> Jack-Rack had this capability. I used Alsa Modular synth which has
> comprehensive and flexible Midi CC's, etc.

It is implemented, and my jack-rack is very old :)

Sadly AMS doesn't quite fit my needs - there is code in AMS to manage a
"bumpless" transfer between the control surface and it's view of
parameters which would break 'patch changes' :(

Any suggestions for a guitar rack which can manage multiple presets
(preferable via footswitch)?

cheers