[linux-audio-user] unable to use qsynth

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sun May 22 00:05:51 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 20:05 -0700, Noah Roberts wrote:
> What I really don't get is the "Can't set high priority..."  I have RT
> limits and jack is able to go realtime.  Could its inability to do
> that be causing the troubles?

I think that we are seeing a problem with some apps that don't work with
the RT limits patch because they assume if one RT priority is available,
they all are, as with the realtime LSM.  Probably it tries to create the
thread at RT priority 99 or something.  Audacity seems to do the same
thing.

This could be responsible for the bug, if it does not handle this error
correctly.

Lee