[linux-audio-user] Syncing Ardour + Hydrogen so Hydrogen will follow Ardour tempo change

Shayne O'Connor forums at machinehasnoagenda.com
Tue May 24 17:51:40 EDT 2005

as the subject line suggests, we've been trying to get a working/smooth
tempo change going with Ardour + Hydrogen synced to Jack. I've tried the
only way that makes sense to me - indicating the tempo changes in the
Ardour tempo strip ... Ardour is synced to Jack.

I think this approach *sort of* works, but when it comes to the tempo
change, hydrogen skips over about four of its bars before continuing. at
first, i tried just adding an extra four bars into hydrogen to make up
for the skipping, but this doesn't seem to work that well.

we just need a change from a tempo of 86bpm to 94bpm and back again ...
how do we do this in ardour? will i have to record the hydrogen tracks
into ardour at the different tempos, and then adjust the ardour tempo
track to match up? that would sort of suck ... other approaches?

shayne