[linux-audio-user] I actually made some music!

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 11:33:31 EDT 2005

woohoo, an era of music I love; Buffalo Springfield,
Crosby Stills Nash & Young, etc. You can do great
things with vocal harmonies.

On first listen, taming the cymbal crashes will enable
increasing the drum volumes. Cymbals do clash with
Vocals and your vocals are very good. Then again the
drums don't build tension 'til the resolving measures
so it's cool.

Parametric EQ to sweep/search for the correct kick
cut; -15db at 200Hz tames common farting sound in kick
drums. Many of us dampen the mallet head to tame
resonance and then we go after the slap around 3kHz or
there abouts--I never actually look. The hole is just
to get the mic in.

I like the echo on the vox too but would experiment
with it. Maybe a more selective usage but then stomp
on it. Verse, first measure "Caught up in my father"
echo, echo, tailing into second measure just "sludging
around." Then no more in the verse and cymbals build
the last measure. Perserve the tonal quality with a
seperate and very tight echo. You don't want to hear
any slap. What am I babbling about. It's your fault
for getting me excited.

It's been years since I listened to Dark side of the
goon. It would be fun to hear it again.

Listening to the cool tunes that have been posted
lately makes me wish I was doing something creative
again. All in good time.

Back to work,

ron