[linux-audio-user] WaveMixer 0.3

Ryan Gallagher ruinaudio at comcast.net
Wed May 25 12:23:54 EDT 2005

Further testing reveals some oddities.

1) I can only run waveMixer as root, if I run it as a normal user it
segfaults
2) the UI is not in english
3) the preferences option in the window doesn't do anything (brings up
no dialog or window when clicked)
4) double clicking a directory, clicking "home" or entering a path in
the file browser results in a crash:

"*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x08109470 ***
Aborted"

5) dragging a wave from nautilus results in the progress bar moving
about 1/4 of the way then nothing else happens, the program locks up
6) dragging an mp3 results in a crash:

"*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x08109d50 ***
Aborted"

So basically I've not been able to so much as load a file.  I'm running
gentoo and built waveMix from source, I can provide any additional
information needed.

I'm not sure what could be wrong on my end, no other apps crash this way
for me.  Anyway, I'm still interested in seeing this thing work as it
seems to be heading toward a wavelab replacement.

-ry
--
Ryan Gallagher <ruinaudio at comcast.net>