[linux-audio-user] I actually made some music!

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed May 25 21:28:16 EDT 2005

Last Wednesday 25 May 2005 17:11, Jan Depner was like:
>    I really like the song.  I agree with Paul W - I think you need a
> bit more bass.  A couple of other suggestions:

Seeing as how bass is probably my first instrument, how I love being told to
turn it up! noted.

> slide the acoustic guitar a bit left and the vocals a bit right (or use
> the TAP stereo echo set up for Haas effect on the guitar)
>
> I would bring the vocal up a bit

Cool, I'll give that a shot. I didn't really play with pannings very much,
except to realise that bringing the two channels of a stereo vocal closer to
the centre sharpens it up. I'll do that some more then.

> the kick sounds kind of smeared - maybe try compressing it a bit
> (assuming it's on a single track)

The drums are on a stereo wav dump from Hydrogen. It means fixing it in the
patch set, but that's probably going to be fairly easy. ;)

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk