[linux-audio-user] Re: VMWare for Music

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu May 26 06:59:19 EDT 2005

VMWare is 1.--expensive, 2.--not designed for real-time work but more for OS
testing, et. al. 3--is not opensourced so you could not play with it even if
you knew how.

There are some alternatives, none of which I have ventured to try:
qemo - open source
zen - open source
Lin4win - less expensive than vmware but restricted to i386.

I'd love to see some of this stuff work with WINE but fewer and fewer sound
things seem to work with it as newer versions come out. Hint. If you try
them, select one of the 32-bit windows models.