[linux-audio-user] Dual heads

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri May 27 06:22:28 EDT 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 09:40:33PM -0400, Nick Torenvliet wrote:
> What I've got is an ATI radeon 9600 m10.
>
> I've tried the fglrx ati packages to no avail.

I've had the fglrx dirvers working on my laptop to get dual head, but it
messed up too many other things. I've given up waiting for the closed ATI
drivers to get better, I think the free ones will get there first:
http://r300.sourceforge.net/ theyre not perfect yet, and there a bit
painful to install, but there getting better all the time. 2D works pretty
well, and 3D is getting there on older cards (apparently, I've not tried
it).

- Steve