[linux-audio-user] writing audio to a cd

Arnold Krille arnold at roederberg.dyndns.org
Fri May 27 09:56:10 EDT 2005

Hi,

On Friday 27 May 2005 15:17, Nick Torenvliet wrote:
> Okay, so here is the prince of dumb questions...
> I have a song in ardour- four tracks... and I want to write it to an
> audio cd so I can play it on any cd player... could someone fill in the
> blanks for me....

Inside ardour you create the regions (in the regions/locations editor) which
should be the songs on the cd. Mark the "CD" checkbox. Than select
File/Export/"Into soundfile" and in the following screen also select the
option to create the toc or cue file. You than get the wave-file for your cd
(be sure to use 44kHz and 16bit) and the toc. cdrdao will burn it and your
cd-player can read the cd...

> >From ardour I export into a _________ file
> Then I fire up handy dandy application ___________ and import the file
> Then I export it to __________ format
> Then I burn an audio cd using that whiz bang app ____________?

No need to use anything other than ardour and your burning-app.

Arnold

BTW: k3b doesn't recognize the tocs or cues so you have to use the commandline
apps...

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

 -- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe