[linux-audio-user] Lend me your ears

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Mon May 30 14:35:36 EDT 2005

On Mon, 30 May, 2005 at 12:37PM +0100, tim hall spake thus:
> Last Monday 30 May 2005 12:54, nigel henry was like:
> > Hi James. Why is it when I click on your .ogg files the downloader opens up
> > kwrite, and all I end up with is a load of code in kwrite? Normally I get
> > the   "open or save the file" box. I mean, I'd like to listen to the tune
> > not read the .ogg code.
> > This is on FC1, KDE, and Kmail.   Probably a stupid error on my part, but
> > any hints would be welcome. Nigel.
>
> Yeah, I get that from kmail too. Annoying isn't it?
> Firefox doesn't have this problem, why only KDE apps?

It's because they stick to standards, unlike most software now.  It's
a shame that the ones doing it right are the ones that seem odd.  If
everything worked like it, my host would have application/ogg set up.

Anyway, should be OK now.  I think.

> cheers,
>
> tim hall
> http://glastonburymusic.org.uk