[linux-audio-user] Re: HDSP9652 and maybe driver problems

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 21:06:47 EDT 2005

> > Hi Michele,
> >   I know you've had this problem for awhile. Sorry about that.
> >
> >   Right now one of my HDSP 8652 outputs is hooked to an ADAT AI-3.
> > Not as nice as your RME converter but reasonable.  I think I could
> > test it if you could give me some clear instructions on how to do this
> > quickly. I don't have enough time to figure it out by myself. IS it
> > really as easy as connecting an output to an input?
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> it is really easy in fact!
> Just download rec_imp
> (http://www.duffroomcorrection.com/wiki/Simple_Automated_IR_Measuring_Tool)
> and compile it (simply tipe Make).

Yes, I tried this yesterday. It doesn't compile because my machine is AMD64...

> After this run it with ' rec_imp rec.pcm 44100 10 21000 45 0:0 0:0' where
> rec.pcm will be the recorded impulse response, 10 the starting frequency,
> 21000 the end frequency and 45 the duration in seconds of the log sine sweep
> signal. 0:0 and 0:0 are input and output channels: I do not remember which
> is the input and output but simply running 'rec_imp' with no parameters
> display the syntax.
>
> Leave HDSPMixer oper while you are running rec_imp, so you can see if
> recording channel starts with some delay.
>
> Also if you can send me the recorded impulse responses at
> michele.spinoloATgmail.com I can run the boring part for you.

Will do if I ever get it working.

> >   One question for you. Is the problem identical no matter what ADAT
> > port you use on the HDSP 9652?
>
> Did not try this: do you think it could solve the problem?

One other idea. Remove the two ADAT cables going to your ADI-8 Pro and
then loop on back on itself so that the ADAT output goes back to the
ADAT input. This will return whatever signal you send and allow to you
determine if the problem is in the HDSP 9652 or in the ADI-8 Pro.

Cheers,
Mark