[linux-audio-user] kernel 2.6.13 and layla

carmen ix at replic.net
Wed Oct 5 13:15:27 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 05:53:08AM +0200, Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
> El Lun 26 Sep 2005 19:16, carmen escribi?:
> > On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 03:23:18AM +0200, Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Does anybody knows why does the 2 laylas soundcards dont operate here?
> > >
> > > We have a complex problem.
> > >
> > > Using kernel 2.6.13 form DeMuDi, the PC is really an odd one (SMP, etc.
> > > see pcinfo.txt)...
> >
> > do you have hotplug enabled in kernel, userspace hotplug utils installed,
> > and /lib/firmware symlinked to /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware? that was my
> > probelm with an echo card on debian.. seems to install correctly out of the
> > box on my current OS however..
> >

> In that case: what should we do?

you mean to make a Layla work? id make sure alsa-driver and alsa-firmware packages are installed properly, and hotplug is installed and enabled in the kernel. im not sure exactly why it uses hotplug since its not like youre hot-plugging the PCI cards! but in any case, on my gentoo system simply emerging those packages made everything work, you should have  ea/layla*.fw files (about a dozen) in /lib/firmware and /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware