[linux-audio-user] Software for Sine Wave Generation

Ross Vandegrift ross at jose.lug.udel.edu
Thu Oct 6 01:16:23 EDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 11:00:09PM -0400, Douglas Ward wrote:
> I like to generate (currently, slowly) separate sets of sine waves each
> consisting of a fundamental and 2 - 3 pseudo harmonics (really only
> justly-tuned perfect fifths, octaves, and a third--major or minor, depending
> upon the type of drone I want).

What kind of audio hardware do you own?  In particular, will you be
using a card like the creative emu10k1?

If so, you want tonegen: http://www.lns.com/papers/tonegen/
You run the command, it produces a sine wave sound.  Supposing you
have multiple-open capable hardware, you can just run multiple copies
of tonegen to add harmonics!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu