[linux-audio-user] how to synchronize with midi...

Dubphil dubphil at free.fr
Sun Oct 9 11:59:05 EDT 2005

Hello,

I need to synchronize 3 entities : hydrogen, freewheeling and my tb303.

my tb303 is connected to a midi router converting sync24 to midi signal,
so consider my tb303 to be an external midi sequencer, I would like to
elect it to be the master and I would like to make hydrogen and
freewheeling be the slaves. This is the theory, but paracticaly, I'm
completely lost. I believe that I could use the Jack transport (it is my
sound server) but I don't know how to begin and if I need a third party
tool.

I'm afraid that what I need is not yet or will never be possible, but if
it can give ideas I will be happy. Nevertheless, any advice or pointing on
a good tutorial on this subject will be very very kind, even if it
involves other gears and softs.

Best regards

Philippe