[linux-audio-user] Portable field recording set-up?

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Mon Oct 10 11:47:11 EDT 2005

    SM> I heard that minidisc recorders do a very good job when used for field
    SM> recordings, and that many already have inputs for a stereo mic, but,
    SM> as far as I could tell, they interact very poorly with Linux, and they
    SM> use a proprietary compression format. How accurate is this? Has
    SM> anybody had a positive experience with a minidisc recorder and
    SM> Linux?

I use mine with Linux.  It's workable, and I don't think the
quality is bad, but I keep drooling over something that I could just
copy the files from instead of having to play into  the analog input
on my sound card.  So far, I haven't found anything cheap enough for
me.  Let me know what you come up with.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011