[linux-audio-user] graphics->sound

Cesare cesare at poeticstudios.com
Wed Oct 12 12:58:47 EDT 2005

Florian Schmidt wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:42:13 +0000
>Nigel Henry <cave.dnb at tiscali.fr> wrote:
>

>>Hi Georg. Does that really work, or are we going into the realms of sheer
>>fantasy (Twilight zone) . Nigel. aka mekon, farpoint, and many other sci-fi
>>characters and places.
>>

>well, it works only if you either
>
>a] have OSS drivers installed or
>
>b] have the ALSA OSS compat. module loaded..
>
>Nonetheless, here's an alsa version:
>
>cat foo.pdf | aplay
>
>;)
>
>Have fun,
>Flo

It's annoying that you can't make a joke with linux users. They've
always an answer to show you that what you're joking about is not that
ridicolous (rather it is indeed possible).
But Peter wanted to generate sound from an image.

So my question  is:  how can he use this software to accomplish this
task if there's just the paper, and not yet the software?

Wait a minute! I've got it: you must put the image in the pdf document.
But where in the process should you use the pdf of the SoundPaint author?

:-)

c.