[linux-audio-user] graphics->sound

Georg Holzmann georg.holzmann at student.kug.ac.at
Wed Oct 12 17:49:42 EDT 2005

Hallo!

> Georg. I really think you've started something here. I can see the serious
> aspects of creating sound from graphics, but hey. if we can track down the
> words that make different sounds and then assemble them in pdf, then we've
> started a new concept in musicmaking. Mind you perhaps not pdf, as Adobe
> might want the royalties. Perhaps in Open Office .xwf, as they might be

don't know if it is so easy to compose the music with words here -
because one word is very small - and so very short when interpreted as
music ...
anyway, maybe someone wants to find bigger building blocks for that
assemble (maybe picture ... assembled as a video ... or anything else)
(btw: I sometimes hear short movies in that way: cat a_movie.mov >
/dev/dsp - it is funny, and longer than pdf files of course ;)

but I didn't start that :) - I know some performances/installations
which played with /dev/dsp ...

LG
Georg