[linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] jack_fst and gcc4

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 20:11:59 EDT 2005

On 10/13/05, Hector Centeno-Garcia <h.centeno at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-13-10 at 16:17 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >
> > AviiHost did not install for me in a clean environment:
> >
> > mark at lightning ~ $ wine savihost.exe
> > err:module:import_dll Library MFC42.DLL (which is needed by
> > L"Z:\\home\\mark\\savihost.exe") not found
> > err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for
> > L"Z:\\home\\mark\\savihost.exe" failed, status c0000135
> > mark at lightning ~ $
> >
> > MFC42.DLL is a standard Windows DLL. I'll have to grab a copy from the
> > DLL download site and see if that works.
> >
> I got MFC42.DLL from my windows partition and just copied it to the
> system folder inside your .wine folder.

Right, but not everyone has Windows...

For people who don't have Windows the dlls are mostly available online
at DLL-Files.com:

http://www.dll-files.com/search.php?s=MFC42

I would suggest that maybe we need to make a standard location like
that the place to go so that everyone testing is using EXACTLY the
same DLLs. I'd be worried that your and my dll are slightly different
versions (due to updates done to Windows) then we would get different
results. This way we'd all be using the same thing. Easier to debug
problems.

We can even have an application page on the Wine AppDB that points to
the exact Windows DLL so that no one has to find anything.

> Thanks for telling me about
> wincfg. I was able to make wine and savihost to use jack as output but
> now under midi devices, in savihost, I get no input device listed and
> one output. Also after some using it some time it became unstable...

This may be an issue with Wine and how well MIDI support is
integrated. I use Battery under Wine/jack_fst and I can drive MIDI to
that.

Anyway, this would all be part of the buf report process we would make
to the Wine Bugzilla system about what works and what doesn''t work.

- Mark