[linux-audio-user] professional audio measurement with linux (?) -- a conclusion -and a minor problem with jack

sonicx sonicx_ at gmx.net
Fri Oct 14 14:22:25 EDT 2005

thank you,too some software ideas i already got. this would be using
jaaa with jack.
compilation is a bit tricky but i  got it installed now - well it doesnt
work,but its looks like it should =) so i guess my jack config is still
faulty.thanks for the info mics - as with the opensource software i can
now go and spend my money on a nice measurement microphone and then give
them something for their nice proggi,if i get it to work =).  i guess i
wont be able to afford a 900 bucks mic for a start but, i guess  500
will me a must. as a sound card i use an audigy zs pl/pro,i know i
know,a "windows-card" ,but as far as now i have made pretty good
experience with it since latest alsa,much bang for the buck-of course id
prefer the rme- but i guess so far my
questions have been answered: i will go with my soundcar,buy a nice
mic,and use the opensource solution andrew suggested.

thank you 2 very much so far. i will no go on fighting my jackd,to get
the jaaa running.btw i tried to compile it against my 64bit sys,the
clbla libraries it needs too - maybe that is why it wont work yet,as jaa
shows up in my qjackctl. but qjackctl still isnt able to set for example
hw:0.4 to 8channel 96khz capture-which it should,and some similar
nastyness when dealing with channels of hw:0.4 (the hd-device).maybe mr.
gaydenko has some idea here to =).
mfg
       sonicx