[linux-audio-user] professional audio measurement with linux (?) -- a conclusion -and a minor problem with jack

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Fri Oct 14 13:16:25 EDT 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:40:29 +0400
Andrew Gaydenko <a at gaydenko.com> wrote:

> [OT] I don't see any reason to get mic more expensive than
> 50-70 USD (for example, ECM8000) - I mean _measurement_ mic.

I always wondered (due to pretty much non existing experience with
mic'ing stuff) why measurement mics aren't used for recording vocals and
instruments more? Is the color that's being added by expensive special
purpose intrument/vocal mics the reason?

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://tapas.affenbande.org