[linux-audio-user] jack doesn't see my digital I/Os

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 19:39:57 EDT 2005

I haven't checked up on alsa developement lately, so alsa devs may
have found a hack to get around this limitation, but I don't think you
can use these two subdevices at the same time. In otherwards I don't
think you'll be able to set up an asoundrc file to combine the
subdevices in one virtual device. The reason for this is that both
subdevices use the same controller. The controller can only controll
one subdevice at a time, so there is no way you can use both.

-Reuben